Thursday, May 7, 2009

Conversations

“We met at the party a few months ago; I know I told you about him then. Only then I thought it was only a one night stand.”

“So it was more then that?”

“Well we hadn’t realized it before but we shared a class together and it was a little awkward for a bit.”

“I can imagine.”

Shut up, please shut up, the French, fighting instructions, Nelson. Where did I put? Oh. Wake up, wake up, Darling Corey. Cochrane, disgraced, use of poison gas, Russia. E-mail from father. Get out early and never have any kids yourself.

“Well our first official date went well; he bought me dinner at Bella’s.”

“Well at least he isn’t a cheapskate.”

“Wait. So I spent the night at his place that night and I figured we were going out, even though we hadn’t really talked about it.”

“Well yeah, I mean he took you out to Bella’s, sounds like a date to me.”

“Exactly, so I tell that really hot guy in Chem. that I’m seeing someone.”

If you’re going to talk can it not be outside my window? Things to do, busy. Is my laundry done? Twenty minutes still. Dinner looks like trash. Must listen to that song again. Grilled fish sounds good. Free pizza if I feel out that survey, I should. Napoleon, navel power, should underline that.

“Oh, you know him? Yeah, that’s right, brown hair and looks a little punk but totally cute. Well so the guy who I thought I was dating then doesn’t call me for a week and I start to wonder what’s going on. I called his cell a couple of times but he never got back to me. Finally I see him again on my way to class and I’m so mad I decide that I’m going to talk to him instead of going to class.”

“What did you say to him?”

Done, finally done, now on to English. First a break. I wish they would shut up. Could yell, cause a fight. Already unpopular. Could, won’t. Vitamins. Should go get a hamburger. Haven’t eaten. Haven’t slept. And did those feet in ancient times. Hate school. Hate people. Shut up.

“He really took you out again after all that?”

“Yeah, to Bella’s again even. After all of that he calls me up finally and asks if I would like to go to dinner with him. How could I say no? He was so sweet during the dinner and I forgave him completely. I went home with him again.”

“Again, didn’t you learn the first time?”

“I know, I know, but he was so nice through the whole dinner that I totally forgot. He even took me shopping, he was such a sweetheart that I forgot what he had said to me before completely.”

“He was totally taking advantage of you. You should have said yes to James and forgotten about that guy. Yeah, he’s a Chem. Major which is a little geeky but he’s so cute.”

Do both of you really care. All an act, you vent, you make noise. So annoying. What does it get you? Dickens. Today’s Dickens then. Pages, lots of pages, and I don’t have time. Look them over anyway. Crackers. Any cheese left?

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment