Monday, July 20, 2009

The Bus Club III

I found that I had class all of my classes with at least one of the other would be club members. Other then Yanuva they weren’t the sort of people you would notice unless you were looking for them. Neither of them spoke during class unless called on and sat towards the back. I found after that first day however that they moved seats so that they were sitting next to me. Like it or not they had accepted me and I was now one of them. They never talked to me and I never talked to them but that didn’t matter. I realized that everyone in the school had already decided that I was one of them as well. There was nothing I could do about it now.

If I was going to be a member of their club I decided that I was going to take it seriously anyway. So I went to Yanuva and asked her if there was anything that I could do. It had already been a week since I had joined their club and there still seemed to be some problems in dealing with the adults.

“You have no idea how happy I am to hear you see that. I was worried we were forcing you to join on guilt. I’ll be sure to tell you if I do need any help, don’t worry. Right now I am just trying to get a meeting with the vice principle.” I hadn’t realized that Shizu had come up behind me, she moved very quietly. Now she came into view in the corner of my vision.

“I just had a meeting with the advisor. You better get the club together fast Yanuva, he’s threatening me with the trading card game club. And I’ve never even touched a trading card.”

“Now where’s the trust?” asked Yanuva smiling. “If you two are free after school we can get Onani and go talk to the teacher I think we have the best bet convincing to sponsor us.”

To avoid incriminating myself in this document I will skip the rest of the conversation. Students always talk about their teachers and what they say tends not to be very complementary. I am sure that everyone knows that. Actually I don’t think that the rest of that day really matters much. We got our sponsorship. It was an English teacher which is why I am writing this account anyway. That was the deal, she would sponsor us as a club and in exchange we would each write her an account of the clubs activities. I am a procrastinator so I am writing this at one in the morning. Any mistakes, or poor writing you can blame on highly caffeinated and sleep deprived state. However I have always been good at writing so I am hoping I am not inflicting too much pain on the reader.

The first couple of club meetings that occurred were boring. We didn’t really have a point other then to keep Shizu’s meetings with the advisor pleasant. We had to meet though because I quickly discovered that my companions were on the school watch list and I was quickly becoming guilty by association.

Onani had once tried to commit suicide. Leaving behind a note saying “suicide notes are so melodramatic”, he never told anyone why he had actually thought he should die. The teachers keep a very close eye on him just in case. He never mentions it and neither do the other members of the club, it’s taboo to mention anything about suicide around him, even though he doesn’t seem to mind the, other two do.

Shizu has extremely over protective parents who insist that the school watch her to make sure she doesn’t get bullied or feels left out and to make sure she is making friends. She told me that’s why she is so good at sneaking around; she has to sneak around to have any fun. Her parents still make her watch PG or G films only and she’s a high-schooler and that’s just an example.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment