Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Please Respond

Clipping from the Millville Post:

Mr. and Mrs. Yeats, of Millville, MO, announce the wedding of their daughter, Caroline Yeats, to Jonathan Blake, son of Mr. and Mrs. Blake, of Smithton, IL. Caroline Yeats is a graduate of Adams High School, class of 1991; and University of Missouri, class of 1995. She is presently employed as a secretary at Adams Elementary School. Jonathan Blake is a graduate of Peters High School, Peters, Illinois, class of 1990; and University of Missouri, class of 1994. He is presently employed as an architect by Wilhelm and Son of this city.

The wedding took place at Grace Lutheran Church this Sunday last and was attended by friends and family.

Letter from Caroline to her mother:

Dear Mother,

I know that you were worried about how Jon and I would do, living so far from you, so I thought I would write you and reassure you. Both Jon and I are very happy, he’s found a job at a local construction company, and I am a secretary at a lawyer’s office. We aren’t making a lot of money yet, but we have installed ourselves in a nice little house outside of town.

Jon works very long hours now, so I try to have dinner on the table for him when he gets home. I know that he works so hard to put food on the table but I do wish I could see him more. He says that if he works hard this year he will probably be promoted and then he will be able to see me more often. It is still hard though, when I think about the fact that I probably saw him more often before we were married.

I should write more, but I’m afraid that I have to go to work now,

Affectionately as always,

Caroline

Letter to Caroline from Jonathon:

My dear wife,

I know that this is the first time that we have ever been parted, and I’m sure it is as hard for you as it is for me, so I thought I would write you and tell you that I was doing well. Think of me being sent on this business trip as a good thing, a sign that the company trusts me. My promotion may not be a dream after all.

The company has given us very nice hotel rooms; there are advantages to working for such a large firm. They are even paying for all of my meals so you don’t have to worry about finances. Will you please pick me up at the airport on the eighteenth? My flight should arrive at three thirty in the afternoon.

Your loving husband,

Jonathon

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment