Monday, March 30, 2009

World Domination Christmas II

I think that it was probably the budget problems that led to the problems that we would have with the time machine. After all, the science department was working on the cheap. I suppose I couldn’t have expected them to do something as impressive and untested as a time machine without any flaws anyway. I asked for something unreasonable and they did their best. I don’t complain about it, not really, though ending up in the future rather then the past was way outside of my calculations. I’m not talking a little ways into the future either, I mean a long time into the future.

Upon landing in the future another disaster struck, the time machine broke. Considering the amount of money, even though like I said before it probably wasn’t enough, which went into the project I was a little unhappy that apparently it was a one time use only machine. Still we were forced to make the best of it. We had our army, small though we were we had our weapons all with us and we set out to explore what the future had to offer.

I realize this isn’t something that I should really be happy about but it turns out that my suspicions of the future were correct, a real dystopia, devoid of all technology and organized government. In the end it was probably easier to take over the future then it would have been the past, the past had large organized governments, and we still had the advantage of technology.

Taking over the world was the easy part and I think it would be safe to say that world peace was indeed established. The main problem was my own followers who weren’t overly please with me. With us all trapped in the future, even after we had achieved our goal, it wouldn’t do our present any good, assuming we ever got back to it. Moral has been sinking quickly among my companions so I have set the science people who came with us to try salvaging what they can from our first time machine to get us back to the past. They still aren’t sure when, or if, it will be completed but it helps to fuel peoples hopes in me again and keeps me in power to have them try. So far all they have managed is this miniature model, hardly large enough to transport a mouse, if we had any desire to transport mice of course. It is large enough to put this letter in though and that is what I am doing. After all, it seems unfair to disappear without warning without telling anyone where we are.

For my father I would write and say that you have gotten what you wished for, I have established a world without war but so far in the future that I am afraid you will never see it. I am including a gift card that I had in my wallet with this letter as a consolation present. Well not like I will be able to use it in this time period anyway so it isn’t doing me any use.

For the rest of the world I would ask that you send our university donations, to fund the development of an improved time machine. I think that’s our best bet at leaving the future at the moment. They just don’t have the technology where we are to help us build a better time machine so it looks like that is left to you people in the past. I have a good deal to say to people who call improved technology futuristic, GET ME OUT OF THIS TIME PERIOD. I BEG YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment